Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby Girl's Story!

Baby Girl will have her own Happy Birthday post on Saturday so, for the sake of our blog, I give you her birth story! (Don't worry-no yucky details!)

On Thursday, December 20, 2007, my sweet Hubby and I walked into the hospital to be induced. We were told to be there at 6:00am so we arrived at 5:50am. :) We walked to the nurses station and there was no one there. We waited and a nurse rounded the corner running. We told her that we were there to be induced and she said,"We don't have any rooms!" We felt like Mary and Joseph-no joke! ha! Thankfully, they put us in a triage room until they had another room come available---there were about 25 babies there! I think I would have died if they would have sent me home! Around 7:ish Nurse Tammy arrived. We went over ALL that paperwork and then around 8:ish she started my pitocin. I was only about 1 cm dialated and had been that way for about 2 weeks! ughh! By noon I was 5 cm..still in no pain..and my real room was ready! So we moved! An hour or so later I told Nurse Tammy that I felt funny...I can't explain to you how or what I felt, but I knew something wasn't right. The nurse glanced over to the fetal heart monitor and I could see the look of panic on her face. She kicked everyone but Mom and Josh out of the room. Baby Girls heart rate was freakin joke! For those who don't know "normal"is around 150ish! We were so scared! In came several more nurses. I was thrown back in the bed practically on my head and they put an oxygen mask on me. They called my doc and he was in there fast. I can not even tell you how terrified I was! I finally made eye contact with Josh and we stared at each other, he calmed me down and I knew then that it would be ok! The doc said that this happens in about 1 out of 5 deliveries. We decided to go ahead and get the epidural instead of waiting until I really needed it. It was supposed to help her heart rate stay up as well. The Anesthesiologist came in and boy was he an ASS! I couldn't really hear what he was telling me to do because he was talking so softly and the oxygen was blowing in my face and I guess he got frustrated. At one point he said to me, "OK this is the last time I am trying." I thought Josh was going to come across the bed and kill the man! After that was all over, it was smoothe sailing! I never felt any pain! Around 4:25 I started to feel that pressure! YAY 10 cm! Time to push! I started to cry! I could not believe that she was about to be here! We called my doc and he said to try not to push until he got to the parking lot. Do you know how hard that is?!?!?!? A few minutes later he called and before I could even start to push he was standing in front of me! He was literally running! I pushed through two contractions(6 pushes) and Josh and I were amazed because he could see her! I pushed through the next contraction and she was here-4:46pm! Beautiful Beautiful...and a HEAD FULL of hair! She weighed in at 7 pounds and was 19 inches long--our smallest baby so far!

No comments :