Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Welcome to the World, Adalynn Grace!

I’m so excited right now I can barely contain myself! My BFF, Jamie, was supposed to be induced today. She has been walking around dilated for several weeks(5cm since last Wednesday!). Her due date wasn’t until Christmas but they decided to induce her today because she very well may not have made it to the hospital in time if she went any further than she already was at home! She got to the hospital this morning and started contracting on her own…so this would have been the day she was born anyway! I went by to check on her around 9ish and the doctor came by and checked her…yep fully dilated! SHE’S FAST!

Jamie asked me to stay in the room while the baby was born. I was SUPER happy that she wanted me to stay! She works in labor and delivery at that hospital and will be birthing my next baby so she said I should be there when this one was born! :) It was amazing, of course. And perfect!

photo That’s 8 pounds and 4 ounces of sweet baby girl right there!!photo 1Best Friends. Sisters. The end. This was taken before the baby was born! She how tiny she is! You can’t even see a belly! Not sure where all that 8 pounds was hiding!!photo 2 Yes, I have the fever. I just called hubs and told him to stay away! haha!photo 3 First time to hold her!

photo 4

I wish I looked that good after giving birth!

1 comment :

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

That IS a quick birth! I am envious. I hope this time mine will be much faster!!

She does look gorgeous and you look just perfect holding a sweet newborn in your arms. ;)