Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sick

Well, I'm sick. I've had a sore throat on and off for about a week. Sunday night it was chilly and windy when I ran. Monday my throat was sore all day but I just tried to ignore it. I'm not a very good sick person. I have too many people to take care of and I'm always taking care of any family member that's sick....I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE SICK!!

I'll be the first to admit that I am a whiny titty baby anytime I am sick.

Poor Josh.

So this morning when I woke up at 3am and couldn't swollow my own spit, I decided that I better go get some shots. I don't have strep. I have some unknown something that I get about this time every year. My throat is covered, I mean COVERED in ulcers....it's red and inflammed and the doctor said it was almost completely swollen shut. Great. Just give me as many shots as you can! I got two, one in each cheek and almost couldn't walk out of there! I came home after dropping my prescriptions off...one was a pain med if that tells you how sorry the doctor felt for me..I crashed and took a three hour nap! I woke up feeling like a new woman and cooked homeade chicken enchiladas for dinner! I'll share that recipe soon along with that cake! Throat is still a little sore but nothing like the trobbing pain from this morning!

Remember I was supposed to have jury duty this week? Well I got a letter Thursday saying it was postponed until the 11th. Thank goodness!

Josh started his new job yesterday. I think he's bored and ready to hit the streets. The other two people that were hired with him have to go to the academy in January..and will be doing in-house training until then. We are not sure if Josh will be doing that much in-house training or not. It seems things are kind of not organized or something. The only thing we're worried about now is what shift he is going to be on. They only do shift change twice a year so if he gets put on evening shift now, he won't be able to change until January. And that means that me and the kiddos won't see him at all on his workdays! :( boo. BUT since it's already OCTOBER....January is not that far away! We'll manage!

That's all for now, I'm off to let Hubby pet me since I'm still sick!(gotta milk it!haha)

xoxo,

No comments :