Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gray Squirrel

Reece’s music teacher has a “pet” gray squirrel. She hides it before the class comes to music and lets the kids find it. Well, Reece is always the first to find it and sometimes she even finds it as she is walking in the room! This has caused her to talk about every squirrel she sees! There’s a big oak tree across the street from her school and every morning for the last month she has seen this cute little squirrel out around the tree. If he wasn’t around on a particular morning she’d say, “Grey squirrel still sleeping??” And I’d say, “must be!” Weeellllll, one morning last week as I pulled up to the school I saw the poor little squirrel dead in the road!!!

Crap.

Crapity. Crap. Crap!

I did all kinds of maneuvering around to keep her from seeing. But she still asked where he was that day. So, I lied. Right there in the church parking lot. I lied. “Must be still sleeping!” She was fine with that and we went on our merry little way.

The next day I wondered if she’d ask(I was just going to act like I had no idea where he was). We pulled up to our same spot and there was another one! Just fat, dumb and happy gathering his breakfast! Whoo hoo!!!! :)

gray_squirrel_pgc380xoxo,

No comments :