Wednesday, June 23, 2010

For the love of Pete

Well, my friends, it’s been a while since we’ve talked about my road rage. Truth is, since I said I was going to get better, I did. My road rage was never really out of control anyway, but I was ALWAYS griping and yelling about people while I drove. I’m not saying I stopped all of this, I just got better. It just urks me when people are not paying attention, don’t risk my life, my hubby’s life or my babies lives because you are too busy talking on your cell phone, texting, PUTTING ON YOUR MAKEUP!(I really hate that one!), eating, etc. while you are driving! That’s how people get killed folks! So, I was doing better…

And then I got a new car…

And yesterday, well, I lost it on a girl. Kinda sorta. You see, I was driving down the road, headed back to the office from Chick-fil-A where I picked up yummy salads for lunch. I was in the left lane, seriously just driving the speed limit, minding my own bees wax. All of a sudden and I mean ALL of a sudden, the girl that was in the right lane just decided to come on over…didn’t even look! AHH! So, I slammed on the brakes, tires went screeching and of course I laid on my horn. Somehow, someway we didn’t hit each other. I don’t know how. I wanted to puke and cry and yell all at the same time! I took a deep breath, home girl slowed waaaay down, back in HER lane. I pulled beside her and said, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” She kept saying, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” And so I said, “Yea, you would have been sorry if you would have hit me because I probably would have kicked your tail.” (except I said the A-word) I really wish I wouldn’t have said anything. I shouldn’t have said anything. But I was so mad! I have to learn to control that! Right now. I should have just been happy that our salads were tossed for free!

And, no more bad words either. I usually only say them when I’m really mad, but I’m gonna stop that too. So, you may start to see things like “for the love of Pete” instead of “what’s your freakin’ problem”!

xoxo,

No comments :