Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dirty Jobs

As I was cleaning this morning I started thinking about Mike Rowe. Seriously. I know that sounds weird, but it's true!

Think about it.

Being a mom is the most dirtiest job EVER!!!! When children are babies, they poop, pee and spit up on you. And when those babies are teeny tiny you catch pee in your hands(or in your face if they are boys!) when you change their diapers because almost everytime you open that diaper they go. When they get to toddler-hood you try to catch their puke in your hand because they don't know to go to the toilet and it's just a reaction for you. When potty training comes around they pee AND poop in their clothes...guess who gets to clean THAT up!?And if you are a momma to boys you get EXTRA points because they pee EVERRRRRYYYYWHERE...in the toilet, on the toilet, around the toilet, on the floor by the toilet, down the shower curtain, down the cabinet......I wish they knew how to control that thing! Kids make a mess when they eat, even when they try not to. They make a mess when they take a bath. They spit toothepaste everywhere. They pick their nose and wipe boogers on you when you aren't looking. Just to name a few...ha!

Don't get me wrong, I LURVE my dirty job, it just needs to get the credit it deserves!

Mike, call me!
xoxo

No comments :