Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Let me start out by saying that this post has total randomness in it! Ha!

First of all,we are SICK. It started last Wednesday when G-Man woke up and had a sore throat..no fever, and his throat wasn't really even red. So he stayed home from school with Josh. By late that afternoon he started running a temp and he wouldn't even swallow his own spit. Poor baby. So the next morning Josh took him to the doc, he had strep throat and G-man actually wanted a shot at this point..so you KNOW it was bad. He spent the next few days on the couch eating nothing but popcicles and drinking nothing but warm tea. Fast foward a few days and Josh starts having a sore throat..will he go to the doc, heck no. The next afternoon I started feeling that twinge in my throat, so the next day I high tailed it to the doc, strep for me too, and got two shots. When I left I called the hubby and TOLD him that he was going to the doc RIGHT NOW. So, he went and got two shots. Guess what?!?!?! Strep for him too! This morning oh say around 3 am Master P comes into our room, "Mommy, my throat hurts." Great. So this morning I took him to the doc. Bet you can't guess what he has! Strep throat. So the only one safe so far is Baby Girl and supposedly she is too young to catch it, guess we'll see about that! Poor Master P will have to miss his Thanksgiving Feast at school tomorrow. He is really bummed about that. Last Thanksgiving he had to miss out on EVERYTHING because he had pneumonia. Mom picks G-man up from school on Wednesdays and Thursdays and she just told me that yesterday when she picked him up he told her that he wished this strep germ would leave his family and go to someone else's family!

A few days ago I got tired of Josh calling the new dog "doggie". So, I named her Lola. That was one of the first names I came up with and he didn't like it, but obviously he couldn't think of anything better so she is our sweet Lola....and she is VERY Preggo! Poor thing, I feel SO sorry for her. She is HUGE and waddles around. Poor thing. I hope she has an easy delivery...there's no telling how many are in there! Speaking of delivery, my best friend, Jamie, landed her dream job in the labor and delivery unit at the hospital where I delivered our babies! I am SO excited for her. What a fun job!

Now for a funny little story. I went to pick up a few things from the grocery store the other night. As I was coming out, there was a guy in the parking lot trying to sell something to an old lady. I thought to myself, "CRAP! I have to get in the car FAST!" I just about had everything in there when he got to me. He gave me the sob story that he is an aspiring rap artist, his wife is preggo with a little boy due next month, he is just trying to get his music "out there". Well, it's hard for me to say no. So, I gave him $4 and took the CD. All the way home all I could think about was that Josh was going to kill me! ha! So, I get home, start telling the story, make it sound reallll good and then looked at him for a reaction and my butt chewing. He looked at me, smiled and said, "I gave him $5 the other night." Ha! So now we not only have one copy of the soon to be famous rap stars very first album...we have TWO!!!!!

No comments :