Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Jamaica

Josh and I just returned from my very favorite place-Jamaica! My parents traveled with us all over the Caribbean when my sister and I were growing up. Of all the places, Jamaica has always had my heart. The people, the culture, the beauty of the island...I could go on and on and on. I could live there. I'm serious when I say that and probably will one day. We are already planning a trip to take the kids next year. We may not come back!

Back in January Josh and I decided to plan a getaway. At first we planned to stay in the states. Then quickly turned our heads to somewhere warm! Jamaica was the top of the list because he had never been. We booked the trip on a whim and counted down the days! :) I knew he would fall in love with it too and I couldn't wait to see it happen!


We had super early flight on Wednesday and arrived in Montego Bay, Jamaica around noon. We pretty much went straight to our resort's jerk chicken hut. HEAVEN! The rice and peas took me straight back to my childhood. We spent the rest of the day at our resort learning our way around and such. I wasn't really feeling well because I only slept 2 hours the night before. It rained later in the day and we called it a night!

This is me...running to see the view from our room! haha!
























 I














The next morning we woke up ready to go! We made our way downtown to the hip strip and pretty much ran to Starbucks. haha! After coffee we walked around and shopped a bit and waited for Margaritaville to open. We were the first ones there and had the place to ourselves. I immediately regretted not having my swimsuit on! GAH. Not a smart choice, April. We hung out there for a while and decided to go back to the resort and swim. As soon as we got changed it started raining. Shoots. We still had fun in the rain! We ended the day with dinner and yummy drinks!













Dr.'s orders! LOL No, we did not.





Friday we headed to Ocho Rios to go to Dunn's River Falls. This is what I was MOST excited about! Google it for details but basically you climb this beautiful water fall 900 feet up from the beach. It's so pretty! The water at the falls is SUPER cold. It didn't even matter. At all. haha!








After spending some time there we left and headed to lunch at Scotchie's. (We had hired a driver for the day, he spent the whole day with us. He is our new best friend. lol He and Josh hit it off big time.) Lunch was SO.FRIGGIN.GOOD. They are known for their jerk chicken and they did not disappoint! I made a kitty friend at lunch because the men folk were talking about cars. haha!



When we were finished eating we headed to Falmouth, to raft down the Martha Brae River! When I did this as a child I rafted down with my sister and Big Mama! The rafts are handmade out of bamboo and made for two people to sit on. A guide moves the raft down the river with a pole. Now, here I was all these years later with my love and not a thing had changed! I loved it so much! It was super quiet and relaxing. We were on the river for 3 miles, which lasted about an hour or so.










































































































Our driver picked us up at the end and took us back to our resort. At the end of the day I had BIG regrets on already having a different driver for the next day. We have his phone number now, so when we go back we can use just him! And, if you are headed to Jamaica anytime soon, please get his number from me! You won't regret it!

On Saturday we headed to the Appleton Rum Estate! It is about a 2 hour drive from Montego Bay but we weren't concerned because you get to see SO much Jamaica that way! We had to go on a crazy, insane mountain road and y'all....April gets motion sick realllllyyyyy easily. Not fun. About half way there we were basically shoved onto a dirt path by police because "dead man in de road". Our driver turned to us and said that he didn't know this road. Most people would get scared but me??? Heck to the YES, let's go! haha! We got to see the country mountainside that most people don't get to see. It was beautiful. We kept having to stop and ask for directions. We eventually made it to the rum estate. We learned all about how they make the rum, took a tour and had a tasting. We were there about an hour or so and then headed back to our resort.





As soon as we got back to the resort we threw on our swimsuits and caught a cab to Margaritaville. I was determined that I was going to slide down that slide before I left Jamaica! And that's just what we did. That thing slings you out into the ocean. lol sheesh. After that we headed back to our resort and caught the night show. It was....a tad raunchy. There were kids there and I was thankful mine were not.






We had ourselves a pity party and stayed up late. We had to leave the next day. Five days is usually enough for me when I travel. Not this time. We were NOT ready to leave. At all!

Pity party for 2!








We had a late flight on our final day so we enjoyed the jerk hut one more time...


 And I had myself a coconut straight from the tree! :)


  We love you, Jamaica! See you next year!



No comments :