Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oh the joys of a new house…

Oh geeze! I have a mess! Let me start out by saying that when I said we were redoing our house that we were moving into I mean we redid pretty much everything! New roof, new heat/cool system, added a bathroom, new paint, new flooring, new cabinets…lots of stuff. Pretty much the only thing we left alone was the hot water heater because it seemed to be fine.

This morning I woke up, showered, took the little dogs outside to potty and started putting on my make-up. Chippie went back to bed and Daisy was running around the house like a maniac trying to see which kid she could wake up. Everybody else in the house was still asleep when all of a sudden I heard a really loud noise and then a gush of water and then just water water water…

Scared the bejesus outta me!

So I ran around the house trying to figure out what was going on. I got to the laundry room, flung the door open to a room FULL of water and water was gushing I mean GUSHING from the top of the hot water heater. I screamed for Josh, he came running and turned it off.

The plumbers were there within the hour and now it is fixed.

Thank goodness because I HATE cold showers!!!

And now let me tell you how flippin fabulous my husband is! You know how I talked about allllll those boxes yesterday? Well, when I got home from work, the kids rooms were unpacked! I heart him. I honestly would rather him do the unpacking, especially the kids rooms because he is a really good organizer and yours truly is NOT. I wish wish wish I was but I’m just not an organized person…don’t get me wrong, I LOVE for things to have a place…I just have issues finding the best way for them to have a place. Does that even make sense?

And speaking of Officer Hubby, he goes back to work tonight. Boo. He’s been off for a little over a week and I think he should be a stay at home dad! I kid.

No comments :