Friday, April 22, 2011

Reece’s Zoo Trip!

Reece had her very first field trip today! It was to the zoo and Josh and I were both able to go! We loved that we got to spend time with just her! The zoo was VERY crowded with today being Good Friday and Earth day plus a super awesome new exhibit opened yesterday so lots of people were coming to see it! We had the best time, but it started out a little aggravating! We were told to be at the zoo at 9 am, we had all prepaid and had to go in as a group. Well, the teachers didn’t show up until 9:30!!! I was not happy. There were also several parents that didn’t show up until late. If you know me in real life you know that I can NOT stand tardiness!! HUGE pet peeve! My thinking is I have three kids and I am rarely EVER late! So, what’s the big deal with being ON TIME?? Makes me nuts! You know what time you have to be somewhere so wake up early or whatever and get yourself in gear! I was extra mad because we had to be back in town by 2:30 to pick up Griffin and Peyton from school. So they were wasting my precious time with my baby girl and that’s not cool!

Then, once we were in the zoo everyone wanted to stick together. Which was fine until everyone started lolly gagging around! gah! So we ended up doing our own thing with Reece’s boyfriend and his parents! It was great because Josh has known the little boys dad for a long time so they hit it off and so did I with his mom!DSC_0001Train ride!DSC_0009 DSC_0011 Reece and Lawson….DSC_0012 DSC_0014 They walked around holding hands!!!! OMG!DSC_0015 This bull elephant is part of the new African exhibit…it’s a really nice addition to the zoo! Poor elephant only has one tusk!DSC_0019 I heart them!DSC_0020 The other bull elephant…DSC_0023 We didn’t get to feed to lorikeets today, they were on a 20 minute break when we went in and we didn’t want to wait! BUT we did find out that they can shoot poop 6 feet!!!!! ha!DSC_0031 DSC_0032 DSC_0033 Ok, the giraffes. I love them and all but we got a little disturbed here! ha! There is a little giraffe that is about a year or so old. She was standing close to the fence eating and the daddy giraffe came over to her. Then she peed and then he…

wait for it….

DRANK HER PEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I. do. not. kid.DSC_0034 DSC_0036 DSC_0037 DSC_0038 DSC_0039 Goat love!DSC_0042 DSC_0044 DSC_0046 And because you need to know someone loves Daisy as much as I do…DSC_0049

All in all we had so much fun today!!! Can’t wait until next month when we go on a field trip to the Georgia Aquarium with Griff’s class!!! Hope you all have a happy Easter!!!

No comments :