Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Talk about a "Labor" Day!

I sure hope ya'lls weekend was stress free, relaxing, care free and all that jazz. I hope your favorite team won their season openers. I hope your kids didn't drive you nuts. I hope you got plenty of extra rest on your day off.

'Cause we didn't.

Friday night was good. We hung out and I don't really remember that much of it.... until bedtime. Peyton was in the kitchen getting his 15th bedtime snack, we were in the living room watching TV when we heard the little man say, "My throat hurts." I won't tell you what motherly instinct said because it wasn't blog appropriate! He didn't have a fever and his throat didn't look red so we sent him on to bed.

The next morning he woke up and complained about it again. It still wasn't red and he still didn't have a temp. About 30 minutes later he was fine and said it didn't hurt. So, we went about our day, it rained and rained and rained, which left us stuck in the house. The day was pretty much uneventful, until about an hour before game time! He then started throwing up....puke, puke, puke, puke.....poor baby! He was so sick. At that point he couldn't swallow ANYTHING and was walking around with a cup to spit in, couldn't even swallow spit! I got some Motrin down him and he was out for the count.

Now for the game. That down right sucked. Too many penalties and too many stupid mistakes. Ahem, McClain...for one. I would hate to be on that team in practice this week. Saban's gonna get 'em! Don't get me wrong, I'm super glad that we won, but it made me a nervous wreck to watch! Griffin stayed up and watched the entire game with me. Sweetness. Josh had to work. :( Around 10:30 Griffin looked at me and said, "You see my eyes, you see the way they look right now?" I said, "um, yes." He said, "They only look like this in the morning! God gave me special powers to stay up late and watch the game!" HA! He is so funny!

Moving on.

Sunday morning rolled around after a lot of puking during the night. I decided our best bet was to be at Medsouth at around 12:15 so that we could be the first in line(they open at 1:00). I dropped Reece and Griffin off at Mom's around 11:45 and headed that way. I stopped by the gas station and got him a Gatorade. As I was driving I heard him gulping it in the backseat....I never even thought to tell him to sip it because he couldn't swallow! We pulled up at the doc's office and I opened the door for him to get out when he looked at me with a funny look and started puking EVERRRRYYYYWHERE! I had no extra clothes with me. Crap. He was covered. There were already 4 people in line. But, I had no choice but to run back home and change him(and grab an extra change of clothes this time!) So we did. By the time we got back we were the 11th person in line. Not so bad, but we were there until 2:45. Diagnosis: Strep Throat, the puking kind. No, really??

As soon as Josh's parents found out about Peyton being sick, they came and got the other two. So, I spent the rest of the day taking care of my sick baby and giving him my full attention. He slept alot and while he slept I scrubbed every inch of our house! I was really hoping that none of the rest of us would get it. Well at 3:00 this morning, I heard Griff in the kitchen,

"My throat hurts."

Ding ding ding, round 2...

ugh.
xoxo

No comments :