Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We're Back!

We had so much fun! And, yes, we're trying to figure out when we can go back! Once a month for the year, THAT is the plan!

Here is a little run down for you! With pics of course! Have you figured out that I lurve taking pictures?

I left work around 11:00 on Friday and ran home to pick up Josh and Griffin and finish up packing. My motherly instinct said get the thermometer and some Tylenol. I ignored. We loaded up and headed to pick up Peyton and Reece. Once we had them in tow, we headed south! I drove so the hubby could sleep--he had to work the night before. Lucky for me, all the kids fell asleep too. Ahhh, quiet time to myself. It was great...until my cell phone rang. It was my sister, telling me that she did not get pregnant last month and that the stupid nurse seemed to believe that she didn't ovulate either. That quiet time turned into my worst enemy once I was off the phone with her. I didn't know anything to make her better. I am a fixer. And I can't fix things for her...that really makes me mad! I can not do anything or say anything to make her feel better. I cried. And HEAVEN FORBID I accidentally get pregnant while she is trying so hard. It wouldn't be an accident, it would be a blessing--any child is a blessing, but you get my drift! Anywho, after I got over that, we were smoothe sailing again! We arrived at the house around 4:30, flipped on the hot water heater and the water and by 5:00 we were on the beach!

We stayed on the beach all day Saturday. By that night we could tell that Peyton wasn't himself. We took the kids to a park down the street that has a really cool playground and a pier that you can fish from. He was just sitting around, not really doing anything. We thought he was just tired, until 1:30am Sunday morning rolled around! Remember that motherly instinct telling me to grab the Tylenol and thermomter? I should have listened! He woke up saying that his neck was hurting. I felt his head and he was burning up! Josh jumped out of bed and ran to the drug store to grab a thermometer and some Tylenol. Baby boy's temp was 102. Ughh. His neck was hurting and I was paranoid about meningitis. I know, I know.

The next morning--really the same morning, technically--he was feeling much better and wanted to go back to the beach, so off we went! Finally around 2:00 we decided that we better head back to the house and clean up because we needed to be on the road by 4:00 because Officer Josh had to go to work!

I took Peyton to the doctor yesterday morning and he has a sinus infection and an infection in one of his lymph nodes.

Basically, that's it in a nutshell!
What do you do when your daughter refuses to take a pic with you?
Throw her in the air a few times, she'll forget she was being stuck up!
Then, get some sugar!!!!
And she still didn't look!! ha!

My three boys fishing....



I wanted to take pics, she wanted to do this....



They were not into taking pictures that day.....

The love of my life!!!

Sweet G!

Pey getting the heck away from Griff...



She dug a hole!!

See that little curved line thing...that's a fish in a sand bucket!

So cute!

xoxo

No comments :