Monday, June 25, 2018

Adults Only Trip to Disney!

Friends, if you have never had an adults only trip to Disney you are missing out! Oh my, we had the BEST time! Josh and I left Wednesday evening and stayed close to the airport because we had a super early flight Thursday morning. My sister, her hubs and our Dad came late Friday night. We did it this way so that Josh and I could have a few days to ourselves!


Our dates were June 7-10 and it was an EXCELLENT time to go! We thought it would be super crowded and super hot...it was neither!!

When we arrived on Thursday we went to our resort which was Port Orleans-French Quarter. Which was fantastic, by the way! Y'all, Disney's attention to detail with EVERYTHING is unmatched. Period. Anyway, we caught the bus from there to Disney Springs because our room wasn't ready yet. (We knew that would be the case) We spent some time there but honestly I was bored and hot and didn't feel well AT ALL. We had been up since 2am after only three hours of sleep and I was feeling it. haha! We had a dinner reservation at O'Hana at 3:45 so we went back to our resort-our room was ready-and chilled out for a bit! We decided to head to the Polynesian Resort super early so that we could check it out before dinner. It is beautiful and had me dreaming of Hawaii! As it turned out we had the first reservation of the night at the restaurant! Score! We sat beside the window and had a great view of the castle across the water!

This was our first time at O'hana and y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT.WAS.SO.GOOD. I highly recommend!!

That's something else about this trip, the food was the best! Last time we went to Disney I was disappointed in the food but this time made up for it!

After dinner we went back to our resort and we were asleep by 7pm. We were SO tired! And we knew the next day would be super busy so we got some good sleep!

I'm an early bird so we were up and at em around 6 am the next day! (For some reason people don't realize that getting to the parks when they open is the BEST thing to do! Seriously, you can get to rides you don't have fast passes for with no/little wait, the crowds are SUPER low and it's not so hot!) We split an order of beignets for breakfast and headed to Hollywood Studios! We had fast passes for everything we wanted to do there and ended up only using 2 of them but still riding the third because there was no wait! We rode the Rock n Roller Coaster, the Tower of Terror and Star Wars-The Adventures Continue! I'm not into Star Wars AT ALL but the ride is fun! The other two are always fun too! Somewhere in between all that we split a Mickey pretzal! My sister has to be very strict on not eating gluten so I HAD to get one before she arrived! haha!







Once we had done all we wanted to at Hollywood Studios we headed back to our resort for a few to rest! We wanted to grab some fast passes for Magic Kingdom because we had dinner reservations at Be Our Guest! The only thing available was the Pirates of the Caribbean ride so we took it. We headed to Magic Kingdom. We took a Lyft this time instead of waiting on the bus. It was only like $10 so worth it! Once we were there it was pretty hot so we headed to wait what we thought was a 60 minute wait time for Splash Mountain! We ended up only waiting 30 minutes which went by super fast! I got SOAKED on the ride! haha! We then got in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which also supposedly had a 60 min wait...we only waited 30 minutes. We were the last to ride before the ride was shut down due to the weather!  A few minutes later came a thunderstorm! DO NOT LET RAIN RUIN YOUR DISNEY TRIP! Rain is your FRIEND-Everyone leaves! #winning We put our ponchos on and kept on trucking! We went to the Hall of Presidents! I really enjoyed it! It wasn't open last time we were there because they were adding Donald Trump. We then went across the park to Space Mountain, where there was an 80 minute wait. This wait time was pretty accurate and left us with FIVE minutes to walk all the way back across the park to catch our Pirates fast pass! I could care less about riding it but the hubs was ALL IN. He DRUG me all the way as fast as we could go and we made it with one minute to spare! It was totally just the thrill of getting there on time for him! haha! After that it was time for our dinner at Be Our Guest. I have to say, this was my least favorite meal we had. It was just ok. Their menu changes next month so hopefully it will be better! And, yes, I tried the gray stuff...I guess it was delicious! hahahahaha! After that we called it a night until my sis and bro in law arrived around 1am!

The next day we headed to Epcot bright and early! We fully intended on riding everything we wanted before the World Showcase opened at 11am where we planned to drink around the world! Yep, I said it. We were kid-less, remember? We headed straight for Test Track! This was my first time and I LOVED it! We had a fast pass for Soarin'-this is one of my all time favs. I love it times a million. We rode it twice because why not?! We headed to Mexico right at 11! First stop, margaritas and the Grand Fiesta Tour! We then made our way around the world one country at a time and took how ever long we wanted to at each! We stuffed ourselves into a phone booth, met Mary Poppins(who was upset she didn't get the memo about our shirts lol), wished we were back in the real China, got my sister, Reece and Mia each a Pearl in Japan, had some mighty fine wine(and cheese!) in Italy, got a henna tattoo that means "family" in Morocco...I can't even remember what else we did but we had a BLAST. We ended up in Canada for our dinner reservation...it was SO, SO INCREDIBLE! I had the filet and twice baked mashed potatoes....it was heavenly! We were pretty tired after that, I can't remember what we did but I'm pretty sure we headed back to our room! Full and tired!


CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Our last day was spent at Animal Kingdom! There were extra magic hours on this day so we arrived at the park about 8 am! We went straight to Pandora because we didn't have a fast pass for the Na'vi River Journey. We didn't have much of a wait, if any. If you are a huge Pandora fan, you will love this one! As for me, I haven't even seen the movie! haha! We had a fast pass for Flight of Passage later in the day. We noticed on our app that there was a FIVE minute wait for Expedition Everest-UM HELLO-fav of all time! We headed that way and rode twice back to back with NO wait! We also had a fast pass to ride it again later! I can't remember if I ended up riding 3 or 4 times! #soextra We rode the Rafiki Wildlife Express Train to kill a little time before our Safari fast pass and realized that we would end up at a petting zoo! HELLO DISNEY! I didn't know! The first thing I did was make a goat friend! :) They also had an area indoors where you could watch through glass and see veterinary exams! They were doing an ultrasound on a turtle, so that was fun to watch! After that was our Safari fast pass...this one is always fun and always different! I believe our lunch reservation at Yak and Yeti was next! Another YUMMY meal! DELISH! Then is was off to what I had been anticipating for six months...Flight of Passage! I was a little nervous that my people had talked it up too much and that I would be disappointed...but NO! I LOVED IT. Everyone LOVED it. Had we not had to leave for the airport soon after I would have stood in line for the 120 min wait and rode again...WORTH IT! We went and saw The Lion King show next! It was fun but Dad loved it the most! haha!

Let's mention our "Hei Girl Hei" shirts from this day! SO many compliments! haha! The cast members LOVED them! :) Josh won the shirt contest for Epcot! LOL





Then it was time to head to the airport. Boo Hoo. But we were ready to see our babies!

We ended up STUCK in the Atlanta airport until oh about 12:30 am. Not fun. We ended up home around 2:30am. Dog tired but full of fun memories!


No comments :